Sunday, October 07, 2007

The Bus to Never-Ever Land


Well, see. It goes like this... Gentry enjoys dinner . He uses the hat as some sort of shill, a kinda cover for something. God only can answer what.

I have ended up in exile, in a cyclone of my own creation, a symbol of my own intrusions in the life of too many people. They are pissed at me but, yet, they don't begrudge my presence. They love me and allow me the place to screw up. They stand next to me when I give up and cry my eyes out. They love me no matter what.

Escapin' through the lily fields
I came across an empty space
It trembled and exploded
Left a bus stop in its place
The bus came by and I got on
That's when it all began
There was cowboy Neal
At the wheel
Of a bus to never-ever land

2 comments:

Christopher Newton said...

Hooray for people who can be pissed at you and love you at the same time and keep both feelings in balance. That's what friends and family should be all about.

the.chronicler said...

Good stuff, Leo. When I read that closing verse, the voice of Johnny Cash sang it in my head.